TOP-EnergyENERGY SOFTWARE SOLUTION
Simulate, visualise and compare energy systems in one software program.
TOP-Energy is a computer-aided tool, which enables flexible analysis, design, evaluation and optimisation of industrial energy systems to minimise energy-related costs and consumption of resources.
It includes six modules, built to work together or as stand-alone solutions to support a range of applications.
New to Australian and New Zealand markets, the solution is used widely among industry in Europe thanks to its ability to facilitate significant cost-savings.
10 reasons to use TOP-Energy
1. Time savings due to intuitive user interface and project templates for common applications
2. Integrated optimiser calculates size and operation of plants
3. Save typically a minimum of 10 to 20% on energy related expenses
4. Import, visualise and edit time series data
5. Professionalise and standardise your internal processes
6. More than 130 different components regarding electricity, heat, cooling, steam and compressed air
7. Graphic and clear visualisation of your energy-system
8. Technical, economical, financial and ecological comparison in one tool
9. Full transparency through open technical and economical equations and models
10. Special potential concerning sector-coupling as well as interaction of renewable and conventional energy sources
Who is it for?
The modular software is designed for any organisation looking to validate future plans, improve energy efficiency or identify potential cost-savings.
The software can be used to analyse:
- Heat generation (for example boiler, CHP, heat pumps)
- Compressed air
- Solar and wind (as a service only)
- Cogeneration of heat and power
- Strategies of energy reclamation
Using the software
The software can be used ‘in-house’, although training is recommended. HW Technologies offers a series of workshops specifically for this purpose.
Alternatively, we can provide support as required or our energy consultants can manage the entire project for you.
Our consultants are specifically trained to execute complex simulations, calculations and develop variants to produce a series of recommendations for the more efficient use of organisational resources.
Six modules provide a complete energy modelling, analysis and optimisation solution. Equally, individual modules offer a stand-alone solution for businesses looking to solve specific problems.
FOR ENERGY ANALYSIS
- Acquire technical and commercial operating data
- Use intuitive graphics to visualise data
- Reports are automatically generated
- Conforms with AS/NZS 3598.1:2014 Level 1 and Level 2 and DIN EN 16247-1
The fundamentals of the company are quickly captured by a questionnaire and transferred to the software.
The module checks the entered data on plausibility, calculates operational energy metrics and compares them with typical international industry values. The results are clearly displayed in charts and tables and a report is automatically generated.
SIMULATE AND VISULASE ENERGY SUPPLY SYSTEMS
- Generate Sankey-Diagrams for energy flows
- Define energy, economic and ecological parameters
The module eSim simulates and visualises energy supply systems including temporal load curves and boundary conditions to determine the costs arising through the energy supply system, as well as the energetic and ecological parameters.
Use the prefabricated models and alter them according to your requirements or model your own using the diagram flow scheme.
EVALUATE AND SUMMARISE SIMULATIONS
ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL APPRAISAL
- Compare and evaluate variants
- Identify energy related indicators
- Assess financial and ecological implications
eValuate performs a comparative assessment of the considered variants on the basis of economical and environmental operating figures, such as net present value, payback period, CO2 emissions and primary energy demand.
It estimates key figures for dynamic and static economic appraisal. The graphics of the results can be exported into text processing programs.
TIME SERIES EDITOR
- Import and process data
- Efficient time series processing
- Manipulate and analysis time series
Responsible for visualising and editing time series, eta enables measurement data to be imported, processed and significantly analysed.
It accounts for the variations that occur due to seasonal use of energy (summer/winter) and effectively stores the enormous amount of data that is generated due to fluctuations in usage.
eSensitivity is used to investigate the dependence on indicators based on changes in input variables and boundary conditions.
For example, the costs of energy can be varied and thus the dependence of the payback period can be calculated in a simulated power system. Qualitatively, it is possible to estimate the optimal size of a cogeneration unit or a photovoltaic system by using this data.